Tadalafil Oral Strips Spain Find here the various general dental treatments performed by Sarival Ranch Family Dental in Goodyear, AZ.
Regular Dental Check Ups
Practicing good oral hygiene means making regular dental appointment. Sarival Ranch Family Dental wants to make sure that you get the most out of your full oral dental exam! We’ll work with you to provide a complete comprehensive exam and necessary x-rays.
During your regular checkup, your hygienist will:
- Check for any problems that you may not see or feel in your mouth
- Look for cavities, tooth decay, and any other oral problems
- Examine your teeth and gums for gingivitis and signs of periodontal disease
Visiting the dentist every six months gives you the chance to talk with your doctor and receive answers for any questions you may have about your oral health. You may also be able to explore other options to improve your smile, such as cosmetic dentistry.
Traditional dental restoratives, or fillings, include gold, porcelain, and composite. The strength and durability of traditional dental materials make them useful for situations where restored teeth must withstand extreme forces that result from chewing, such as in the back of the mouth.
Newer dental fillings include ceramic and plastic compounds that mimic the appearance of natural teeth. These compounds, often called composite resins, are usually used on the front teeth where a natural appearance is important, but they can also be used on the back teeth depending on the location and extent of the tooth decay.
Several factors influence the performance, durability, longevity and expense of dental restorations, including:
- The components used in the filling material
- The amount of tooth structure remaining
- Where and how the filling is placed
- The chewing load that the tooth will have to bear
- The length and number of visits needed to prepare and adjust the restored tooth
- Before your treatment begins, your doctor will discuss with you all of your options and help you choose the best filling for your particular case. In preparation for this discussion it may be helpful to understand the two basic types of dental fillings — direct and indirect.
A bridge is designed to restore one or more missing teeth by preparing the adjacent teeth for crowns and using them to support a single ceramic unit that appears to be multiple teeth. It requires the same procedures as a crown including removal of the outer layer of the tooth and all decay, taking an impression to create a model, having a temporary bridge built during the laboratory turnaround time, and cementing the final bridge in place.
Implant-supported bridges can replace multiple teeth without having to use adjacent healthy teeth. By surgically placing the implants into the jawbone, they fuse and help preserve the bone providing a solid foundation for the bridge.
Why Do You Need a Bridge?
If you have missing teeth, over time the teeth will begin shifting toward the gap left by the missing tooth. Other effects include jawbone loss, bite misalignment and gum disease.
Dental Bridge Process
The dentists will take an x-ray to determine the treatment plan. If a bridge is required, at Sarival Ranch, we will take a digital scan to create a digital 3D impression of your teeth. The impression will be sent to the lab to create the custom designed bridge. With most treatment plans using bridges, the dentist will prepare the teeth at the end of the gap to be attached to the bridge. Other treatment plans with bridges can use implants, where the bridge will be attached to the implants instead of a prepared tooth.